I haven’t made a sweet pork in a while, and I rarely look at my own recipes, so I made another one:
Cinnamon Pork Brine with cherry cocunut
Recipe Type: Main
Pork brined in cinnamon citrus, then topped with a cherry coconut sauce. Inspiration from this previous recipe: http://specialorange.org/2012/05/11/cinnamon-pork-brine-with-fresh-cherry-reduction/
- A 3lb loin will only need about 1 qt of brine in a bag, 1.5 -2 qts in a bowl, this makes 2 qts
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 qt Orange Juice
- 1 qt apple juice
- 5 TBLS salt
- 3 TBLS sugar (less than salt because of the sugar content of the OJ)
- 2 TBLS cinnamon
- Cherry Coconut sauce
- 1 lbs bing cherries (rainier can be substituted) seeded
- 4 TBLS white wine
- 1 can of coconut milk (approx 12-14 oz)
- 2 TBLS honey
- Brine the pork for at least an hour. Preferably longer if it is a whole loin (4-6 hrs). You can of course slice the meat first then brine.
- Boil the wine and cherries together to get them releasing their juice and color.
- Add coconut milk to cover (you may not end up using all of the coconut milk, that is fine)
- Boil and then turn down the heat and reduce. (can take up to 30 mins)
- Grill or cook to meat to your liking.
- Just before serving, add the honey to the sauce, and stir to incorporate.
- Serve the meat with the sauce on top.