Served with Potatoes. You can serve with pasta, rice, or by itself!
You can also view the album at http://imgur.com/a/pRql0
Recipe Type: Main
Cuisine: American French
Serves: 20 servings
A beef cut of meat in a pinot noir mushroom sauce. Used to serve over potatoes, pasta, or other starch.
- 5 lbs beef chuck roast
- .5 cups Flour
- 1 750ml bottle Pinot Noir (2.5 cups initially, and rest for taste or reheating)
- 3 or 4 onions Onions (diced)
- Worcestershire sauce OR Soy sauce(your preference)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 pounds mushrooms (I love mushrooms, you could do 1 pound if you want)
- 4 Carrots (chopped finely)
- 3 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 TBLS Oregano (fresh) chopped
- 4-6 Garlic cloves chopped
- 4-6 Bay Leaves
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 tsp Cayenne (more to taste if you prefer)
- 2 TBLS Thyme (fresh) chopped
- [s]mash potatoes or pasta to serve over
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Trim the beef and cut into 1 inch cubes.
- Brown the beef in oil. S&P, then set aside (do in batches as needed)
- Saute the carrots first for a few minutes
- Add the onions and saute with thyme, oregano, and cayenne
- Add tomato sauce and incorporate
- Add 1/3 cup flour slowly, and incorporate like a rue
- Add (2.5 cups) wine slowly just like a rue.
- Add beef back in, bay leafs, and Chicken stock. Use less or more as needed to cover it.
- Bake in oven at 200 F for 5 hours minimum. Taste beef and check with a spoon. It should fall apart, if not it needs more time.
- minutes prior to being ready to serve, cut dice the mushrooms and saute. S&P to taste.
- Add Mushrooms to the pot.