Salty Nutella Cookies
Serves: 35 cookies
- 2 c flour
- 1 c plus 1T unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2t kosher salt
- 2 sticks butter, at a very soft room temperature
- 1⅓ c sugar, plus ½ cup for finishing
- 2 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 2T heavy cream
- 2t vanilla extract
- 1 c Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and salt in small bowl.
- Combine the butter and 1⅓ c of sugar and beat for 2 minutes on low speed, until fluffy. Add egg yolks, cream and vanilla; beat on low speed until combined.
- Add flour mix and beat until incorporated.
- For each cookie, shape a heaping tablespoon of dough into a ball and roll it in the remaining sugar to coat. Space balls 2 inches apart on baking sheets, then use your thumb to make an indentation in the top of each cookie.
- Bake 10 minutes or until the edges are just set; the tops of the cookies will be soft. If indentations have lost definition, press centers again immediately after removing from oven. Transfer to cooling rack. Pipe or spoon the Nutella into the center of each cookie while cookie are still slightly warm.
- Yield 30-35 cookies