Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs
Author: David Bonom, Cooking Light
Recipe type: Entree, Appetiser
Serves: 4 (2 thighs each)
A very healthy and fast way to eat chicken.
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground red pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Cooking spray
- 6 TBLS honey
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. (String feedback that it is better to sprinkle on both sides and massage/press it onto the chicken than just coat/toss)
- Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well. Remove chicken from oven; brush ¼ cup honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute. Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
If you brush additional honey sauce after you broil the chicken, make sure that you don't use contaminated sauce, so plan ahead.